As a first time mom, I’m sure I’m not alone in trying to figure out what on earth is necessary to take to the hospital. I searched the web and found several checklists, and asked just about every friend I have who has a child already.
I know my due date is quite far for me to be getting all those things together (I'm due on June 7th), but I'm a big time planner and I would hate not to be prepared for this.
After making my check list based on every information I had, I came up with a list that made sense to me, (I like to travel light, so some people might think that this is not enough for a hospital bag) but that does't mean that it won't change nor that I won't be sending my husband home on trips to get whatever I failed in putting in here.
So here is what I have so far in my hospital bag...
- - Bath robe
- - Camera
- - Comfy slippers/socks
- - Basic toiletries: lip balm (EOS is the balm dot com!), toothbrush/paste, headbands, shower gel (you get the idea!)
- - iPhone & charger
- - iPad ( a girls needs to keep in touch with the outside world!)
For Post Labor
- Nursing outfit, maybe two or three ( we never know what might happen)
- Nursing bra- Granny panties to rock with those super sweet thunder pads.
- Nipple cream
- Nipple pads
- Boppy pillow
- A comfy and loose outfit for going home
For The Baby
- - Baby's homecoming outfit
- - Soothies – although I hear they give these away like candy at our hospital
- - Swaddle blankets
- - Mittens and socks: I’ve heard the nurses judge you if you forget these. I’ll be judging myself enough, so let’s cut someone else out the judgment equation.
- - Hat: Probably don’t need this for a summer bambino, but it’s cute and babies are bald, so why not.
- - And the most important: Car seat (safety first)!