Tuesday, March 26, 2013

10 Pregnancy Essentials



When you are pregnant you can easily get uncomfortable on any stage of your pregnancy, so after some trial and error I got down to 10 essential things that I couldn't live without during my pregnancy. I'm not done with it yet, but the products that I've selected here have kept me sane and cool in this new adventure of my life!!


10 Pregnancy Essentials


1. Body Pillow

A good body pillow is a MUST for nearly all stages of pregnancy. While the body is demanding more sleep, it gets harder to find a comfortable position as the baby continues to get bigger, the pillow will give you the support that your back and belly will need.

2. Body Lotion


Don’t wait until you have stretch marks to start using it, I started to use as soon as I found out that I was pregnant. I try to buy the ones that are thick and have some kind of butter in their formula like cocoa butter or Shea butter. Oil (like almond oil) is also a good choice.

3. For Pain and Heartburn


I take tylenol for my back pain and some eventual headache, and Tums save my life when I have heartburns, and believe you me you will have them! So keep them handy and whenever you start to feel the discomfort take them, there’s no need to be in pain just because you are pregnant.


4. Drink Water


I think I drink from one to two gallons of water a day, I’m not kidding, if I don’t drink water constantly I start to feel nausea and heartburn, and eventually headache. So keep yourself hydrated all day to avoid those unnecessary discomfort during your pregnancy.

5. Heating Pad


For those days that my back start to kill me, this is a really good way to relieve the pain.

6. Pregnancy Belt


Think of this kinda like a bra for your belly. Beyond the cosmetic aspects, it’s super helpful for your back and hips, since it gives your belly a wider support base. It streamlines your figure without compressing like a corset, and helps you keep and get back your pre-pregnancy figure faster and easier. 

7. Prenatal Vitamins

Your doctor probably will prescribe the best kind for you, just make sure you take them everyday, since it’s so important to take all the vitamins you need to make sure that your baby is having everything he needs to develop.

8. Health Snack

I couldn’t go out without them, don’t wait until you get an empty stomach, that’s when the nausea and heartburn would kick in without any mercy! So before even to start feeling hungry I was already munching on something.

9. Exercise

Thats the name of the game, you have to keep moving, it doesn’t matter if you do Yoga, Pilates or just walk around the block you. I feel a big difference for the better in my body and in my mood the days that I exercise.

10. Lemon Drops and Citrus Juice

Citrus anything! Especially lemon drops. Aside from the aforementioned snacks, which definitely helped keep morning sickness at bay, I only wanted citrus – lemon, orange, grapefruit, doesn’t matter!  For some reason the flavor calmed my nausea and always tasted great.
Now I want to know from you, what are the must have on your pregnancy? Please share here if you have any tricks or secrets that helps you to keep sane during your pregnancy.



1 comment:

  1. Good list. For the lotion, I used Palmer's and it was great. =0)
    ~Kim
    2justByou

    ReplyDelete

some_text