Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Babymoon



The definition on Wikipedia for babymoon is: The original meaning is a period of time that parents spend bonding with a recently born baby.
More recently the term has come to be used to describe a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby. Babymoons usually take place at a resort that offers appropriate services like prenatal massage.
Babymoon can also be used for a trip taken by a couple even before they get pregnant. As long as the trip is intended to be a final romantic fling before venturing into parenthood, the term babymoon applies.
So after I heard the term babymoon the wheels in my brain started to spin like crazy. For one I love to travel and any excuse that I can get to do so I’m on it, and than I started to think on the craziness in my life that is about to come, not only we are having a baby but we are also getting ready for a big move overseas,  that’s when I decided and told my husband “Babe, we need a babymoon!” He looked at me like as if I was speaking chinese (which I don’t) and said “we need what?” I know, I got that from all my friends when I was telling them about my plans! Anyways after convincing him to go on a babymoon, it was time to decide where to go, oh! all the possibilities.... But then the reality check, we couldn't go to far because one he couldn't get his vacation now and two we are already spending way to much to buy all the baby stuff. 
So since we live a few hour from Los Angeles we decided to book a really nice hotel over there and spend a 3 days weekend just chilling in a nice weather with nothing to do, but just do whatever we felt like. Let me tell you this girlfriend, you don’t need to spend a fortune on vacation to have a good time, just the feeling of not having the obligation to do anything is liberating!! And than that’s when I noticed something really magical happened on this trip, it was the first time that I really saw my husband bounding with our baby, he was always talking to the belly and asking questions to the baby, talking to him as if he was already in the room, that really melted my heart, and made this trip more then worth it! 
If you need some tips to help you to plan for a babymoon just click here to read them.
Now I want to hear from all of you girlfriends out there, have you ever heard about babymoon? Have you been in one? How did it feel? Please feel free to spill all the juice here, can’t wait to hear it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

some_text